Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Inspiration!!!!!

A Uniterra volunteer in Nepal recently posted information about this amazing young American woman who is literally changing lives in the tiny village of Surkhet, Nepal.

I now obsessivly follow her escapades as she navigates being a principal, teacher, mother and caregiver to a growing number of children in one of the most remote places in Nepal.

She is truly awe-inspiring. I do not aspire to do what she does. I think I'm a bit too selfish, but this woman reminds me that I can do more than what I've been doing.

Oh, and she's 23!

Check our her foundation's website and read her journal entries: Blink Now Foundation

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emilie,

    Maggie's really amazing ! Annik is now going to Kopila school 2 days a week. Helping the teaching team and hanging out with Maggie has tremendously changed her enthousiasm about being here, in Surkhet ! This girl is definitely making things happen.

    François

    ReplyDelete